It has been a challenging 2020 for many, and given the surge of the pandemic, the labor market’s recovery is uncertain. However, companies are hiring and if you are a job seeker, you should be focusing on a few key things to set yourself up for success.
- Continue to build your network and foster professional relationships. Take time to get to know others and help others; what comes around goes around.
- Use social media and the Internet to your benefit; set up news and job notifications from companies, set up job notifications from job posting websites, and engage in conversations around your industry or area of expertise.
- Focus on goals within your control; set goals that are attainable and realistic. Determine how you are going to reach your job search goals. Do you need to enlist help, i.e. Resume Writer or Career Coach/Consultant, or Mentor?
- Take time to combat job search fatigue by doing something unrelated to your job search and just for you every day. That might be exercise, meditation, cooking, reading, etc.
- Stay positive and look forward to a better 2021!